My Blog List

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween, Paranormal Activity and whatnot...

SO... my best friend talked me into a few things, (usually it is the other way around, but this time I caved. Must be my lack of chocolate yesterday). Anyhoo- she talked me into the following:

1) Going to not one, not two, but THREE haunted houses. The first: a chain-link maze, complete with strobe lights, men dressed in black with black masks that were a little too grabby, freaky and blocky for my liking. The second: one that included a very creepy, LARGE man in a red cape and whited out eyes. Yeah! HELLO! Ok, so then, there were people cutting up people, etc. More strobes, and guess what? Not only me- but my friends 16 year old son got hit by various things in the place. First, I got hit with swinging spikes that fell from this overhang (no they were NOT soft, woke up with a black eye today) and her son got smacked in the face by an overzealous guy with long rubber fingers... (I wonder if he's got a black eye, but considering we didn't get home til 2am, I doubt he's up.)

The third: well... it was creepy in it's own right. It was at a persons house, but not the normal house house. It's in a secluded part of the hills by my home with a one way dirt road that is partially washed out. Actually, getting to the place was the scariest part of it all!!

The other thing she talked me into was going to see Paranormal Activity on the late showing. The theater was PACKED last night. The patrons were more entertaining than the movie itself. The first hour and twenty minutes went on and on and on and had very few moments that were actually scary. HOWEVER, the last ten minutes were worth every minute of the previous hour and twnenty minutes.

And in the words of the guy sitting behind us- "F*ck that sh*t, I'm going to church on Sunday." Yes, he actually said that, and the entire theater laughed at him. HOWEVER, I completely agreed with him. Although the movie was totally fake, there is one point in the movie that really makes you think of your life as a whole. At least watch the last half hour of the movie- you will get the whole point of the movie if you do.

I hope everyone has a safe, happy, candy-filled, Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment